Massachusetts passed new legislation that will impose many new legal obligations on employers with pregnant employees. The Pregnant Workers Fairness Act is set to go into effect in April 2018. Are you prepared? If an employee becomes pregnant, do you know what you are required to do? If not, this workshop on the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act is for you.
The new law greatly expands employer obligations on Massachusetts anti-discrimination laws, but many of these obligations are still unclear. Attorney Timothy M. Netkovick will present on a variety of topics, including:
- Steps to take prior to the implementation of the new law
- Legal obligations of employers
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Dos and Don’ts
- Defending against an alleged violation
- Who should attend? HR professionals, CFOs, CEOs, and anyone in a management position who is responsible for overseeing employees.
This event is being hosted by the Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce, and will be held at the Holiday Inn in Westfield, MA